appsrc doesn't send need_data signal during sparse stream(there are audio buffer gaps)

Hayk Avetisyan hayka at deepcraft.io
Thu Aug 5 07:39:28 UTC 2021

Hi experts,
my pipeline contains video-appsrc, audio-appsrces and their streams
eventually are connected to mp4mux. I have sparse stream(For some
time-points there are audio-gaps)
and i tried to send  gst_event_new_gap to audio-appsrc for do not waiting
to audio-buffers but in any case the video-appsrc doesn't send need_data
until i send audio-buffers.
Here is the schematic view of the pipeline(Fig. 1):

[image: pipeline_schematic_view.png]
                                                 *Fig. 1*
When i ask this question in gstreame-devel forum, one of the experts
replied and ask me to do a test: add leaky-queues before audio and video
encoders to check if there is a deadlock.
I did the experiment and put leaky-queues before audio and video
encoders(Fig. 2)

[image: pipeline_schematic_view__queues.png]
                                                 *Fig. 2*
The pipeline started to work but there were buffer-drops i.e. i couldn't
get the desired video-file.

Please help to solve this problem

Thank you very much in advance for your response and help
Hayk