Gstreamer "plumbing" question

Florian Echtler floe at butterbrot.org
Thu Aug 5 18:27:43 UTC 2021

Hi everyone,

I have a custom appsrc written in C and C++ that's configured to parse an
arbitrary pipeline description from a string and start pushing data into the
"open end" of that pipeline.

In addition, I also have a rather complex Python tool for setting up WebRTC
pipelines, mixers etc. etc. which works nicely with any standard sources.

Now, I'd like to feed the big WebRTC pipeline from the appsrc as well.
Obviously, I can't convert the pipeline to a static string for the appsrc
wrapper to parse. I'm also not keen on rewriting either component, I'd like to
keep the performance-critical appsrc in C(++) and the complex plumbing setup for
WebRTC in Python.

My current idea is now to use a pair of shmsink/shmsrc to connect the two
pipelines across independent processes. I'm pretty sure this is feasible, but am
I perhaps overlooking a much simpler solution?

Thanks for any suggestions/comments!

Best, Florian
--
SENT FROM MY DEC VT50 TERMINAL