VideoSource switching [1.19]

Igor Petetskih igor.petetskih at sogoservices.com
Sun Aug 8 10:25:27 UTC 2021

Hello.

I am trying to create c-program (using GStreamer 1.19.1 (git)) with a
pipeline connected to 2 decklink videosources with ability to switch source
on-the-fly. E.g. program should stream video from source1 to some rtmp
servers, and when it get a signal from the user or timer, it should switch
to source2.
I used this article (
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/application-development/advanced/pipeline-manipulation.html?gi-language=c#dynamically-changing-the-pipeline)
as an example but don't succeeded.

The problem is the following. When source switching, it seems like all
buffers became empty, and player shows a black screen a couple of seconds
or more. After that, it starts to show video from the stream. Some times it
freezes at all, disconnect players at all.

The pipeline that I built is the following (trying to replacing a
decklinkvideosrc and decklinkaudiosrc elements):
https://pastebin.com/NHVcWVtM

*Igor Petetskikh*