Error using gst-rtsp-server test-appsrc.c

Nirbheek Chauhan nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 10 07:57:49 UTC 2021

Hi Yurky,

You need to look at the caps that are negotiated in the sinkpad of
x264enc and the srcpad of x264enc. You can do this by looking at the
debug output, see GST_DEBUG here:
https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/gstreamer/running.html?gi-language=c

The error implies that a 4:4:4 YUV format is being encoded into an
H264 baseline stream and VLC doesn't like that. You can set the
profile with something like: x264enc ! video/x-h264,profile=high or
you can force videoconvert to convert to a 4:2:0 format like I420
like: videoconvert ! video/x-raw,format=I420 ! x264enc

Cheers,
Nirbheek