Video sink stuttering (xv/gl/auto)

Zeno Endemann zeno.endemann at kdab.com
Fri Aug 20 18:11:06 UTC 2021

On 19.08.21 21:49 Nicolas Dufresne wrote:
> If you do, please make sure to investigate enough to show that the stutter is
> due to GStreamer fault's and not your compositor having small hickups. We don't
> have enough bandwidth in this project to store bugs that may not be directly
> related to us. Perhaps give i a try without X11/Wayland (with gbm backend).

I assume with gbm backend you mean run it in its own VT with kmssink. I
tried that now, it felt like that was even worse. Also, regular OpenGL
applications and the video player (mpv) are running smoothly here, so I
don't think this can be blamed on the compositor.

--
Zeno Endemann | zeno.endemann at kdab.com | Software Engineer
KDAB (Deutschland) GmbH, a KDAB Group company