Gstreamer save frame to multifilesink produces 0 KB image

Dwight Kulkarni dwight at realtime-7.com
Thu Aug 26 15:14:30 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I am using gstreamer and try the following two pipelines:

*gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video1 ! video/x-raw, width=1920,
height=1080, framerate=15/1 ! autovideosink*

When I run this command, a window opens up and shows me the camera output.

Now I want to convert this stream to jpeg and save it to file, so I use the
following:

*gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src device=/dev/video1 ! video/x-raw, width=1920,
height=1080, framerate=15/1 ! jpegenc ! multifilesink
location=/home/myuser/mytestfolder/img_%06d.jpg*

I run the second command for a few seconds then terminate with Ctrl C. I
see files img_00001.jpg etc. but the size of the file is 0 KB.

Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong ?

--
Sincerely,

Dwight Kulkarni