Gstreamer compatible video encoding

Dwight Kulkarni dwight at realtime-7.com
Mon Aug 30 13:49:12 UTC 2021

Hello all,

I am trying to store a video using Gstreamer to file in such a way as it
overwrites the oldest recording when all space is used up.

Ideally what I need is rather than a single packaged filed, blocks of data
that can be overwritten. Therefore, I could delete the oldest block and
insert a new block without having to repackage the entire video.

When looking at the different formats, I saw that some were using .avi
files which are going to be huge. I wanted something that would get good
quality and compression, but also it would support the ability to save
blocks of the files.

Can anyone comment on if this is possible with gstreamer ?

--
Sincerely,

Dwight Kulkarni