Chrome not rendering h264 video

Vadim K vkx86 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 6 10:58:47 UTC 2021

Hello all,

I’m working on some POC that is based on that code example:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-examples/-/blob/1.18/webrtc/sendonly/webrtc-unidirectional-h264.c

The only changes to the code sample is use of videotestsrc instead of v4l2src in pipeline.
On Ubuntu 21.10 with GStreamer 1.18.5 I got video streamed and rendered nice and clean in Firefox 94.0.2.
In Chrome I don’t see video rendered and examining chrome://webrtc-internals shows that Chrome does receives frames and decodes them with FFpmgd yet nothing is rendered on webpage.
Tried some tinkering with h264enc parameters in pipeline – without any success.

TIA,
Vadim.