Is it possible to setup 2 multiacst streams with same rtp/rtcp ports in gst-rtsp-server?

Bruce Liang Bruce.Liang at abilitycorp.com.tw
Thu Dec 16 09:00:52 UTC 2021

Hi,

        I'm using gst-rtsp-server to test multicast rtp stream with indicated address and port.

        Threre are 2 streams in gst-rtsp-server and I'm using 2 rtcp clients to setup and play stream 0 and then stream 1 with same transport header.

        The transport header is:
        RTP/AVP;multicast;destination=224.3.0.2;ttl=64;port=5702-5703

        The SETUP request to setup stream 0 is success but the SETUP request to stream1 is failed and the following response is returned:
        RTSP/1.0 461 Unsupported transport

        And I got the following debug log:
        0:00:05.501051300   974 0x7fffefbb7d80 DEBUG             rtspstream rtsp-stream.c:1548:alloc_ports_one_family:<GstRTSPStream at 0x7f5f4804ade0> rtp bind() failed, will try again
        0:00:05.501133200   974 0x7fffefbb7d80 ERROR             rtspstream rtsp-stream.c:1682:alloc_ports_one_family:<GstRTSPStream at 0x7f5f4804ade0> failed to allocate UDP ports with requested transport settings

        In alloc_ports_one_family(..), the rtp and rtcp socket are binded to multicast address and port by g_socket_bind(..) with [allow_reuse] = FALSE.

        I'm wondering why it have to bind socket to multicast address and port which is used for sending.

Best regards,
Bruce

*** Confidentiality Note *** This e-mail message and any accompanying documents are for sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.