No subject

Howling wong watertreader at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 20 02:56:01 UTC 2021

Hi

I am facing some streaming problem with avenc_aac encoding with compulab board (sender) and stream to PC running windows

Sender (embedded system, running on Arch Linux, Gstreamer 1.14)

gst-launch-1.0    audiotestsrc wave=9 \
        ! audioconvert \
        ! audioresample \
        ! audio/x-raw,rate=48000,channels=2,depth=16,format=F32LE \
        ! queue \
        ! avenc_aac  \
        ! rtpmp4apay \
        ! udpsink host=192.168.60.5 port=2345

Receiver (PC system, running on Windows, Gstreamer 1.18)

gst-launch-1.0 udpsrc port=2345 caps="application/x-rtp,media=audio,payload=96,encoding-name=MP4A-LATM" \
     ! rtpmp4adepay \
     ! queue \
     ! decodebin \
     ! queue \
     !  audioconvert \
     ! autoaudiosink async-handling=true

However no sound (white noise) is outputted from the speaker.

Steps taken to diagnose

             1. I have checked the result on Wireshark. From the filtered result, the packet send to the reciever is in KNet protocol. I wonder if this is correct?                   2. Also I have replaced the autovideosink with fakesink, there is buffer going through the pipeline.. so the recieving is correct. Just I am not too sure      whether the format recieved is correct?

             3. I also tested the sender pipeline up till avenc_aac stage and append it with  avdec_aac ! audioconvert ! autoaudiosink.  White noise could be heard from system.

Would like help on

  1.  Is the packet in the correct protocol. Wondering is there additional settings i must give to the rtmp4apay?

  2.  How to adjust the reciever pipeline. I actually fashion it similar to the video pipeline that I did earlier, except accounting for the difference between video and audio

  3.

Thanks in advance