How to check if element supports transformation

Nirbheek Chauhan nirbheek.chauhan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 05:55:04 UTC 2021

Hi Edgar,

The relationship between supported input caps and output caps for an
element is not statically retrievable, since it can often depend on
the device (for hardware elements like glcolorconvert, vtdec,
vaapidecodebin etc), or on library versions (for elements that use
external libs), or on the platform you're running on.

Sometimes you can assume that all output caps are supported for all
input caps, for example with videoconvert. But in general, you will
need to run a pipeline: set the input caps and do a caps query on the
srcpad or vice-versa.

Cheers,
Nirbheek