Question about bridging H.264 from RTSP to webRTC

Ottavio Campana ottavio at campana.vi.it
Fri Feb 12 15:49:55 UTC 2021

Dear evaluat0r,

I have been doing some debug. The problem does not seem to be related to
the request of an I frame, but to a missing attribute in webrtcbin.
Specifically, I get

gstwebrtcbin.c:4333:_set_description_task:<sendrecv> media 0 is missing or
contains an empty 'ice-ufrag' attribute

How can I set it in the gstwebrtcbin?

Finally, for requiring an I frame. Is there an event I can hook? I can
bridge the request to the RTSP source.

Thank you,

Ottavio

Il giorno ven 12 feb 2021 alle ore 08:34 evaluat0r <volatileconst at gmail.com>
ha scritto:

> Ottavio Campana-2 wrote
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to bridge H.264 over RSTP from a camera to webRTC for seeing
> > the video in the browser.
> >
> > I started by setting up the example
> >
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gst-examples/-/blob/master/webrtc/sendrecv/gst/webrtc-sendrecv.c
> > and it works.
> >
> > My successive step was moving from VP8 to H.264, thus in the function
> > start_pipeline I changed
> >
> > "videotestsrc is-live=true pattern=ball ! videoconvert ! queue ! vp8enc
> > deadline=1 ! rtpvp8pay ! "
> > "queue ! " RTP_CAPS_VP8 "96 ! sendrecv. "

> > videotestsrc is-live=true pattern=ball ! videoconvert ! queue ! x264enc !
> > rtph264pay config-interval=-1 ! "
> > "queue ! " RTP_CAPS_H264 "96 ! sendrecv. "
> >
> > and this also works. At this point I tried to change the pipeline, by
> > fetching the nal units from a RTSP source and by sending them to the
> > webrtcbin
> >
> > "rtspsrc location=rtsp://192.168.69.159/live2.sdp latency=0 ! queue !
> > rtph264depay ! h264parse ! rtph264pay config-interval=-1 ! "
> > "queue ! " RTP_CAPS_H264 "96 ! sendrecv. "
> >
> > With firefox 85.0.1 the example hangs with "Sending SDP answer". Neither
> > video nor audio flaw between webrtc-sednrecv and firefox. On the other
> > hand, if I try it with chrome 88.0.4323.150 it works as expected.
> >
> > I suspect that there must be something wrong in my pipe, but I cannot
> > understand what. Can you please give me a hint?
>
> While that may work with chrome, it isn't guaranteed to work. If you
> receive
> certain messages from chrome that require to generate an I frame on
> request,
> then you can't do that if you are dealing with compressed video.
>

> --

Non c'è più forza nella normalità, c'è solo monotonia