HDMI video src

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Mon Feb 15 17:06:07 UTC 2021

Le lundi 15 février 2021 à 06:55 -0600, yasoua a écrit :
> Thank you for your help.
>
> I have found a gstreamer plugin that could maybe help me to correct lens
> distorion without having access to accelerated version of opencv (opencl /
> GL).
>
> https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/frei0r/frei0r-filter-lens-correction.html?gi-language=c
>
> My problem at this level is how can i capture images from my microdisplay.
> Is there any gstreamer plugins that allows to capture video from
> microdispalys. I have tried with ximagesrc but it doesn't work because it's
> only for X display.
>
> Just for information , i am working with emagin and Microoled displays.

This falls a bit outside of GStreamer project. To capture from a display you
need your renderer/copositor cooperation or write back hardware support.

For the first, XTest API has been used (with ximagesrc) on older intergration,
while Wayland does not yet have a strong standard. The Gnome project have pushed
forward a dbus portal that enables you to obtain a stream from your compositor
through a pipewire stream (pipewiresrc and some dbus code needed).

When you have special write back hardware, you can record your display on the
side into RAM, though this is a bit rare and niche. You will find some platforms
were a V4L2 capture driver has been made to speak with the DRM driver in order
to achive this (Renesas R-Car, v4l2src).

Otherwise there is the unliked DRM writeback connector, but I'm not aware of any
GStreamer integration.

Nicolas