CPU/memory to high when playback over timeline

Nelu NeluCociag at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 15:20:55 UTC 2021

Hello everybody,

I did some tests with the latest version of GStreamer:
-if I use playbin for a UHD video:
           pipeline = gst_parse_launch("playbin
uri=\"file:///C:/Users/neluc/RogerFederer.mp4\"", NULL);
           gst_element_set_state(pipeline, GST_STATE_PLAYING);
, it is clear that it does the video decoding accelerated, the processor is
at 2-3%.
-if I try to play the same video but inserted it in the timeline (see the
code in a previous message),  looks like the video decoding is done in
software, the processor is at 65%
Does anyone know if editing services from GStreamer use accelerated video
decoding?
Is there any possibility to use accelerated video decoding if I play video
from the timeline?

Thanks,
Nelu