mp4mux not working for MJPEG Stream

Michael Gruner michael.gruner at ridgerun.com
Tue Feb 23 14:56:37 UTC 2021

Mp4mux does not support MJPEG. You may try out qtmux instead, which is a MOV container. MOV is the predecessor of MP4. Nowdays you can almost use them interchangeably.

Also, be aware that both qtmux and mp4mux require an EOS event in order to produce a playable file. You can achieve this by adding the “-e” to gst-launch-1.0.