Video (SDP) will only play if it is started after gstreamer sink or VLC is started

msousa mike_sousa at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 26 13:05:00 UTC 2021

Hi
I am streaming sdp from a test board, this is my .sdp file

v=0
o=IP4 10.0.0.1
m=video 5500 RTP/AVP 96
c=IN IP4 10.0.0.1
s=
a=rtpmap:96 H264/90000

This displays fine if the video stream (it is a test pattern from a test
brd) is started after the gstreamer receive line or VLC is started. If the
stream is already going, gstreamer doesn't show anything or the VLC screen
remains blank, whichever of the two are tried. The stream can run
continuously.

This is my gstreamer receiving line:
$ gst-launch-1.0 -e -v udpsrc port=5500 caps = "application/x-rtp,
media=(string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=(string)H264,
payload=(int)96" ! rtph264depay ! decodebin ! videoconvert ! fpsdisplaysink
sync=false

If the stream is already started, there is no display.

This is the gstreamer broadcast line from the test brd:
# gst-launch-1.0 -e videotestsrc ! video/x-raw, width=640, height=480,
framerate =30/1 ! omxh264enc ! rtph264pay ! udpsink host=10.0.0.2 port=5500

I use VLC as my proof-of-concept before attempting gstreamer, but in this
case I thought I might be able to get it to work with gstreamer first, but
no. Either way, neither of them work.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks...