Maintaining a Link to the Pipeline?

Stirling Westrup swestrup at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 15:19:08 UTC 2021

I have an element that needs to intercept a signal from the top level
pipeline it's embedded in, no matter how deep. It needs to maintain
this, even as it's being moved from one pipeline to another, or if the
bin that it's in is moved from one pipeline to another.

As far as I can tell, the only way to get alerted if an element's
position in the hierarchy gets changed is to have watches on the
parent properties of all the elements going up the chain from that
element to the top most. Is there some easier way I don't know about?

>From a practical standpoint all I really need is to be alerted to
every change in having/not having a governing pipeline.
--
Stirling Westrup (he/him)
Programmer, Entrepreneur.