Video (SDP) will only play if it is started after gstreamer sink or VLC is started

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Fri Feb 26 15:58:03 UTC 2021

Le vendredi 26 février 2021 à 07:05 -0600, msousa a écrit :
> Hi
> I am streaming sdp from a test board, this is my .sdp file
>
> v=0
> o=IP4 10.0.0.1
> m=video 5500 RTP/AVP 96
> c=IN IP4 10.0.0.1
> s=
> a=rtpmap:96 H264/90000
>
> This displays fine if the video stream (it is a test pattern from a test
> brd) is started after the gstreamer receive line or VLC is started. If the
> stream is already going, gstreamer doesn't show anything or the VLC screen
> remains blank, whichever of the two are tried. The stream can run
> continuously.
>
> This is my gstreamer receiving line:
> $ gst-launch-1.0 -e -v udpsrc port=5500 caps = "application/x-rtp,
> media=(string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=(string)H264,
> payload=(int)96" ! rtph264depay ! decodebin ! videoconvert ! fpsdisplaysink
> sync=false
>

> If the stream is already started, there is no display.
>
> This is the gstreamer broadcast line from the test brd:
> # gst-launch-1.0 -e videotestsrc ! video/x-raw, width=640, height=480,
> framerate =30/1 ! omxh264enc ! rtph264pay ! udpsink host=10.0.0.2 port=5500

I bet your OMX encoder is using open GOP by default, which means it only
produces key frame once. Try and setup the interval. Another change I would do
is "config-interval=-1", this way, if you encoder does not resent the headers,
rtph264pay will do that for you. You need both a keyframes and stream headers to
start from already running RTP H264 stream.