Seeking/Looping with uridecodebin without downloading entire media

Nimi W psnim2000 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 21:51:31 UTC 2021

Hi,

I'm trying to setup a video simple pipeline for looping a video. My current
pipeline currently is as follows:

uridecodebin uri=http://video use-buffering=true ! videoconvert ! appsink

And then when the video starts I issue a segmented seek, and again when I
get the segment done message. However the first seek commonly fails. I
discovered I get the behavior I want if I also set `download=true`. However
for my use case, I don't want to download the entire video to the client
device (the file is being served over an internal network to a device with
limited storage).

Are there any other options to look into? Is it possible to have seeking
without downloading the entire video?

GStreamer Version: 1.14