GES hangs on MPEG2 program stream files?

Chris Wine chriswine at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 18:29:47 UTC 2021

Hi, I'm using GStreamer/GES 1.18 on Windows, and having an issue where my
GESTimeline hangs indefinitely when one of my input clips is a MPEG Program
Stream file. I can also reproduce the issue with ges-launch-1.0.exe:

ges-launch-1.0.exe +clip SampleMpegProgramStream.mpg

And here is a link to the file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vlno2iwsml71obr/SampleMpegProgramStream.mpg?dl=0

With gst-play-1.0.exe, it is able to play the file all the way through
successfully. Does anyone have any insight they could share with me?

Thanks,
--Chris