not-negotiated error with rtspsrc and omxh264dec

gotsring gotsring at live.com
Mon Jan 11 17:50:59 UTC 2021

Can't really test, but a few comments. You should probably launch with
--gst-debug=4 (or whatever debug level) so that you can see what is failing
to link.

I'd also drop frames before scaling them. There's no reason to rescale every
frame just to drop most of them. Something like

gst-launch-1.0 rtspsrc location=$cam user-id=$user user-pw=$pw latency=500 \
    ! rtph264depay \
    ! h264parse ! omxh264dec \
    ! videorate drop-only=true max-rate=1 ! video/x-raw,framerate=1/30 \
    ! videoscale \
    ! jpegenc ! multifilesink location=$HOME/data/snapshot-%04d.jpg

Finally, this might have been a problem that was since fixed, but I once had
an issue with textoverlay or similar where CPU usage was high when the color
format was I420, but was just fine when it was RGBA. If the CPU usage is
high, you can try specifying the format to convert to (like video/x-raw,
format=RGBA).