gst_element_set_state deadlocks

omer.tal jacklawi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 18:44:09 UTC 2021

Thank you for your response.

I actually finally figured it out.

I ended up throwing the queue away. Didn't really need it.
Before calling
I flushed the buffer using:
Then I could change the state without a problem.

Then I had a different issue where my new rtspsrc didn't send any data to
the input-selector.
I figured out that I needed to send a flush_stop event so that the
input-selector pad can receive new data to its sink pad.

I really hope this will help anyone in the future. I google this forever and
couldn't find an answer.

I think that the reason that it deadlocked is because data was still present
in the element when I tried to change it to NULL. And since this element is
not active in the input-selector, it will remain there. So flushing is a
must.