Fast switching between H264 streams with input-selector

omer.tal jacklawi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 09:05:42 UTC 2021

Hey guys,

I'm using input-selector to toggle between several RTSP streams.
Whenever I toggle between two streams, I have a small duration where there's
no valid I-frame to use for decoding so I get garbage.

I thought that I could use a queue before the input-selector to store the
last second of each stream, so when I will toggle between them, the decoder
will decode (as fast as possible) the last second (which will include an
I-frame), and will then get me my current frame decoded properly.

I'm not sure what parameters I should use to achieve this behavior.

The pipeline I have:

Thank you for your time and help :)