Changing GST_TRACERS runtime

Marianna S. Buschle msb at qtec.com
Thu Jan 14 13:03:08 UTC 2021

Is there a way to modify GST_TRACERS variable runtime?

I have found gst_debug_set_threshold_from_string("*:4,GST_TRACER:7", 1); for
modifying GST_DEBUG since setenv("GST_DEBUG","cat:level...", 1) only works
when called before gst_init()

Is there something similar for GST_TRACERS?

I understand that some tracers might need to be on from start in order to
work properly but I believe others shouldn't have an issue with being turned
ON/OFF.

For info I'm using gst-shark tracers in a custom C application.