Obtaining MetaData from buffer in appsink from python

joseph joseph.celi at jci.com
Thu Jan 14 19:21:32 UTC 2021

I have a Python appsink written in Python.  I'm able to get the buffers for
each frame in the video.  It's not obvious how to obtain the MetaData that
has been generated along the way.  My pipleline looks like the following ...

gst_string = " filesrc location={} ! decodebin ! videoconvert ! gvadetect
model={} device=CPU inference-interval=10  ! gvatrack
tracking-type=short-term ! queue ! gvawatermark ! video/x-raw,format=BGR !
appsink name=appsink emit-signals=True".format(input_file, pvb_model)

I would like to be able to obtain things like the object type detected,
object bounding boxes, tracker output (object id and corresponding bounding
box).