Seek failure - http, playbin and appsink?

Neil C Smith neil at codelerity.com
Thu Jan 21 10:04:33 UTC 2021

On Tue, 19 Jan 2021 at 19:35, Neil C Smith <neil at codelerity.com> wrote:
> I wondered if anyone could give me some pointers where to look why seek might be failing with playbin over http? At first I thought it might be the tiny embedded server I'm using, but seems fine with gst-play and other things. I am using an appsink as the video sink though. Seeking with a local file source is working fine. Nothing shouting out to me in logging.

So it appears that souphttpsrc doesn't like the stop type being
anything other than GST_SEEK_TYPE_NONE.  Is that expected?

Refactored the old code in question to only set stop when it really
needs to, so the more simple uses at least working now.  Was convinced
this had worked at some point, so I think I was looking in the wrong
place!

Best wishes,

Neil

--
Neil C Smith
Codelerity Ltd.

Codelerity Ltd. is a company registered in England and Wales
Registered company number : 12063669
Registered office address : Office 4 219 Kensington High Street,
Kensington, London, England, W8 6BD