[rust] waylandsink with video overlay

Joel Winarske joel.winarske at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 23:54:21 UTC 2021

I am trying to add a video overlay to a wayland surface.

I'm seeing this runtime error:
Error! Received error from
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstWaylandSink:waylandsink0: Application did not
provide a wayland display handle (debug:
Some("../ext/wayland/gstwaylandsink.c(946):
gst_wayland_sink_set_window_handle ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstWaylandSink:waylandsink0:\nwaylandsink cannot use
an externally-supplied surface without an externally-supplied display
handle. Consider providing a display handle from your application with
GstContext"))

What is the pattern for adding display handle with GstContext in Rust?
There doesn't appear to be a reference to this in any of the samples.

I believe I have set the video_overlay window handle (pointer to
wl_surface) correctly:
https://github.com/jwinarske/waylandsink-with-video-overlay-rs/blob/main/src/main.rs#L170

Thanks,
Joel