Playing DSD files via gst-libav from a UPnP server does not work

Robert Tiemann rtie at gmx.de
Wed Jul 7 06:36:29 UTC 2021

Hi,

I still have a problem with gst-libav playing from the network. I
guess it should be possible to play this file here directly using the
GStreamer pipeline below:
http://www.lindberg.no/hires/test/2L-056_04_stereo_DSD64.dsf

$ gst-launch-1.0\
    souphttpsrc location='http://www.lindberg.no/hires/test/2L-056_04_stereo_DSD64.dsf' !\
    avdemux_dsf ! avdec_dsd_lsbf_planar !\
    audioconvert ! audioresample ! pulsesink

(I guess this should play because the corresponding FLAC file at
http://www.lindberg.no/hires/test/2L-056_04_stereo-44kHz-16b.flac is
playable as well using a similar pipeline.)

ffmpeg can do it:
$ ffplay http://www.lindberg.no/hires/test/2L-056_04_stereo_DSD64.dsf

The DSD stream doesn't play with GStreamer, however, and I get the
errors previously posted here:
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/gstreamer-devel/2021-June/078393.html

Tested version of gst-libav was 2d9b73b.

Could you please help me to fix this?

Thank you,
Robert