Memory increasement when running rtspsrc

Sarah Maria Hyatt sarah at veo.co
Tue Jul 13 12:15:04 UTC 2021

Hi!

I am trying to stream robustly from two cameras using GStreamer and RTSP.
The cameras should be able to dis- and reconnect alot.

My problem is that the memory keeps increasing when I use `rtspsrc`, where
it is worst using `nvh265sldec` versus `avdec_h265`. I don't understand
why. I do not get any memory increasements when I use `videotestsrc`.

I have made a small separate repo which demonstrates what I'm trying to do
with building threads and running the pipeline.

https://github.com/smhyatt/GStreamer-RTSP-Memory-Leak.git

The code is in `main.c`, which contains the pipelines I am testing in the
`init_pipeline`function.

Right now the streaming data is pulled from appsink and simply discarded.

I really hope someone can help (thanks for checking it out).