strange "no more pads available" error generated by a deinterleave element

Charlie Laub charleslaub at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 13 19:02:42 UTC 2021

I did some more playing around and troubleshooting and I found the source of
the error.

It turns out I was sending an audio format to the sink that the sink doesn't
accept. This must have propagated back up the pipeline until it resulted in
the no pads available issue, somewhere in the middle. There was no mention
in the debug output that this had anything to do with ALSA! I only found the
cause with some luck and a lot of trial and error.

I recall having a similar problem a couple of years ago, where there was
some ALSA related problem but there was no mention of it in any Gstreamer
debug info that I could access.

Maybe this is one area where alsasink and alsasrc could be improved?