plugin writing: base class for format conversion

Guennadi Liakhovetski g.liakhovetski at gmx.de
Sat Jul 17 11:05:31 UTC 2021

Hi,

I'm trying to write a plugin to convert data from a thermal camera. It
should take data from the v4l2src source in GRAY16_BE format and convert
it to an RGB video output. I'm looking at gst-element-maker but I'm not
finding any suitable base class that would take video/x-raw as input and
generate the same as output and would convert between format. Do I have to
write a plugin from scratch? Or should I use basetransform? Any tutorials
for that?

Thanks
Guennadi