RTP FEC + RTX: Using both rtpulpfecenc and rtprtxqueue

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.com
Tue Jun 8 17:04:26 UTC 2021

Hi,

You must place the rtprtxsend inside rtpbin too, you can do this by
inserting using the "request-aux-sender" signal that was designed for
this.

As for the FEC's success, if you do random drops and you drop multiple
packets in a sequence, it's expected that it won't be that great. For
those cases, we would need to implement 2D FEC and that's not
implemented yet for ULP. Ideally, we'd actually implement flexfec is
which the future of FEC, but that's also in the future.

Olivier