Terminate pipeline after fixed time

va6996 gstreamer at vinayak.anonaddy.com
Wed Jun 9 17:27:20 UTC 2021

To be specific, I was looking for advice on how to stop the pipeline
correctly. If I directly set the pipeline state to null and then terminate,
the pipeline is set to null but the file size is still 0 bytes (I am trying
to filesink). Not sure what I'm doing wrong. For reference, here is the
relevant code:

msg = gst_bus_timed_pop_filtered (bus, 100000000 * GST_MSECOND,
        GST_MESSAGE_STATE_CHANGED | GST_MESSAGE_ERROR | GST_MESSAGE_EOS |
GST_MESSAGE_DURATION);

switch (GST_MESSAGE_TYPE (msg)) {
        case GST_MESSAGE_DURATION:
            gst_element_set_state (videoCompositor.pipeline,
GST_STATE_NULL);
          break;
}

Full code: (used tutorial boilerplate code) https://pastebin.com/8uusk7q6