Finksink offline video faster than video duration

va6996 gstreamer at vinayak.anonaddy.com
Tue Jun 15 22:59:12 UTC 2021

I have the following pipeline:

filesrc location=./resources/street.jpg ! decodebin ! imagefreeze
name=\"imagefreeze\" num-buffers=500 ! videoconvert  ! compositor
name=composite ! x264enc ! h264parse ! mp4mux
reserved-moov-update-period=100000 ! filesink location=./file.mp4  filesrc
location=./resources/cars/1.mp4 ! video/x-raw, width=100, height=100!
decodebin ! videoconvert ! composite.

If the overall  video is 20s, it takes me atleast 20s to save the video. But
since there is no streaming, can this be done any faster? Like process the
pipeline within a few seconds if the processor is capable enough?

Also, How can I control the duration of the whole video? Say the video is
20s, but I want to cut it short to 10s. How could that be achieved?