UDP Packets with AppSrc

migo mgopshtein at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 22:17:06 UTC 2021

Hi,

I have a working pipeline for "sender" and "receiver", where I stream images
using RPT and 'udpsink'/'udpsrc'. The pipeline on receiving end looks like:

udpsrc port=6000 ! application/x-rtp, payload=(int)96, media=(string)video,
encoding-name=(string)JPEG ! queue ! rtpjpegdepay ...

For certain reason, I would like to capture the UDP packets manually in my
application, and "feed" them into the pipeline using 'appsrc' instead of
'udpsrc', but I can't get it working...

Most recent error is from 'rtpjpegdepay': "Segment with non-TIME format not
supported".

I'm setting the caps of the AppSrc as:
gst_caps_new_simple("application/x-rtp",
                                "media", G_TYPE_STRING, "video",
                                "encoding-name", G_TYPE_STRING, "JPEG",
                                "payload", G_TYPE_INT, 26,
                                "clock-rate", G_TYPE_INT, 90000,
                                NULL)

But I'm not setting the timestamp of the buffer. Is that required? How do I
do it?

Any other suggestions/code examples for replacing 'udpsrc' with 'appsrc' are
welcome!

Thanks,
Michael