Playing DSD files via gst-libav from a UPnP server does not work

Robert Tiemann rtie at gmx.de
Fri Jun 18 07:26:35 UTC 2021

On 6/9/21 12:23 AM, Robert Tiemann via gstreamer-devel wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have trouble playing DSD files (.dsf) through gst-libav from a UPnP
> server (with GStreamer and plugins all built from current master
> branches, but same results with GStreamer 1.18.4 on Arch Linux). In
> general, decoding and playing from files works fine, but as soon as
> souphttpsrc gets involved, it stops working.

Hi again,

I think there is a bug in gst-libav which prevents it to operate in push
mode under circumstances, and I still cannot fix this bug due to my lack
of knowledge on GStreamer internals.

Could someone with more experience please take a look at this? I can try
to work out a patch on my own (and contribute it back, of course), but I
simply do not know where to start.

Best regards,
Robert