no element ksvideosrc

rfn rfernandez at sensia-solutions.com
Wed Mar 3 16:24:01 UTC 2021

Hi everybody,
I'm fairly new to gstreamer, so excuse if this is trivial.

I have a working pipeline in linux using :

     descr = g_strdup_printf ("v4l2src device=/dev/video0 !
video/x-raw,format=GRAY16_LE ! videoscale !
     video/x-raw,width=640,height=480 ! videoconvert ! appsink name=sink");

     data->pipe = gst_parse_launch (descr, &error);

Now I am trying to get the equivalent code for windows. I was trying by
changing the source, using:      /ksvideosrc device-name=*device-name*/
instead of:      /v4l2src device=/dev/video0/

This returns: /No element ksvideosrc/

However, if I execute on the cmd :

gst-launch-1.0 ksvideosrc device-name=*device-name* !
video/x-raw,format=GRAY16_LE ! videoscale ! video/x-raw,width=640,height=480
! videoconvert ! autovideosink

it works just fine. Since ksvideosrc works on the command line but not on
the code, I am guessing that some kind of include, library ... is missing. I
have tried including basically every .dll and library. I used both gstreamer
runtime and development installers on complete mode. Any idea on what can it
be?

Kind regards,
Raul.