How can I set my custom memory buffer to v4l2src userptr?

dongjin.ha dongjin.ha at 42dot.ai
Thu Mar 4 08:31:12 UTC 2021

Hi all,

My c++ application runs the camera with
gst_parse_launch("my_gst_command_string");
For example, my command string is here.

"v4l2src device=/dev/video" + std::to_string(num) + " ! video/x-raw,
format=UYVY, width=1920,height=1080 ! \
        videoconvert ! video/x-raw, format=RGB !  appsink name=mysink"

Actually with this command, there's no problem.

But I want to allocate specific buffer and make my gst command use it.
I could set v4l2src io-mode to userptr but I don't know how can I assign my
buffer to my gstreamer pipeline in my application.
Could you help or give some guide to assign my buffer to my gstreamer
pipeline?

Thanks in advance.