Something may have went wrong in setting Up GStreamer environment for developing
leedag8 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 08:33:43 UTC 2021
So in practicing, I realized what was the problem.
I run all the tutorials to see which one crashed with the segmentation
then using the tutorials that crashed, I looked for similarities in code,
and I found something.
*All the tutorials utilizing this line of code crashed with segmentation
/* Build the pipeline */
pipeline = gst_parse_launch("playbin
/* Set the URI to play */
g_object_set (data.source, "uri",
it would crash withe the segmentation fault.
so I decided to go to the address
"https://www.freedesktop.org/software/gstreamer-sdk/data/media/" to find any
Fortunately I found the *.ogv* format. Replaced *.webm* with *.ogv* and
everything worked perfectly.
The uneducated conclusion for now is that, whenever the source is pulled
from the internet and comes from a *.webm* format, it causes problems.
Well on my system (!Pop_OS).
Sent from: http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the gstreamer-devel