How is gst-libav installed on windows 10?

iotsystek iotsystek at gmail.com
Tue Mar 16 23:29:32 UTC 2021

I am using GStreamer 1.18.2.  I have my cameras streaming from embedded Linux
to windows running Linux in a virtual machine in windows.  I have been
trying for several days to get this working directly on windows without the
virtual machine.

When I run the following gstreamer command which works in Linux in windows:
gst-launch-1.0 -v udpsrc port=1235 ! "application/x-rtp, payload=127" !
rtph264depay ! avdec_h264 ! videoconvert ! autovideosink sync=false

I receive the following error:
WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "avdec_h264"

I get a very similar error when I run:
gst-inspect-1.0 avdec_h264
No such element or plugin 'avdec_h264'

After much research I conclude that windows needs to have gst-libav
installed, but I cannot find the install files anywhere.  It seems that
these files are installed automatically on Linux.

Any assistance with this is greatly appreciated.