Stutter/Missing Frames Raw h264 over rtp.

RedMarsBlueMoon fred.sund at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 01:54:57 UTC 2021

Thank you both for the suggestions!
I tried to add the 'h264parse' but unfortunately I got no different result
with that.

I added the debug option and got some interesting messages repeatedly,

WARNING: from element
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAutoVideoSink:autovideosink0/GstXvImageSink:autovideosink0-actual-sink-xvimage:
A lot of buffers are being dropped.
Additional debug info:
gstbasesink.c(3003): gst_base_sink_is_too_late ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAutoVideoSink:autovideosink0/GstXvImageSink:autovideosink0-actual-sink-xvimage:
There may be a timestamping problem, or this computer is too slow.

I don't see any upticks on my CPU monitor. It's sunning at about 10% maybe.
A i7-3770 4+4 core.
My GPU is a gtx970 which has onboard hw h264 decode according to
https://developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-and-decode-gpu-support-matrix-new

Is there a way to see what cpu/gpu the decode as actually using for decode?

That error message also says,
"There may be a timestamping problem" so what could I be missing for that?
I thought that's what 'rtph264pay' did?

Cheers!