Issue of fetching Camera from website

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas at ndufresne.ca
Thu Mar 18 15:35:00 UTC 2021

Le jeudi 18 mars 2021 à 17:53 +0530, Activecraft Software Development a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> We have Installed Ubuntu and Gstreamer at AWS
> and when running this command
> gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src ! videoconvert ! ximagesink
>
> We are getting this error
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
> ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
> ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstXImageSink:ximagesink0: Could
> not initialise X output
> Additional debug info:
> ximagesink.c(860): gst_x_image_sink_xcontext_get ():
> /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstXImageSink:ximagesink0:
> Could not open display
> Setting pipeline to NULL ...
> Freeing pipeline ...
> ------------------------

You have to start an X11 server and set the DISPLAY env accordingly in order to
use ximagesink.

> and
> gst-launch-1.0 v4l2src ! video/x-raw,width=640,height=480 ! x264enc
> tune=zerolatency ! rtph264pay ! udpsink port=10000
>
> Error
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
> ERROR: Pipeline doesn't want to pause.
> ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0: Cannot
> identify device '/dev/video0'.
> Additional debug info:
> v4l2_calls.c(609): gst_v4l2_open ():
> /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstV4l2Src:v4l2src0:
> system error: No such file or directory
> Setting pipeline to NULL ...
> Freeing pipeline ...

You have to have a camera connected to your system and exposed as /dev/video0 to
use v4l2src too.

While running a headless X11 is possible over aws, attaching a camera seems
rather atypical. If you use a full VM, you would enable vivid driver, which will
provide an emulated camera to your linux kernel.