How to stream both audio and video from an RTSP source to Amazons kinesis

pineapplejoe josephngari at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 24 17:59:50 UTC 2021

I am trying to stream both audio and video from an IP camera, through a
raspberry pi, and up into aws kinesis.

I know the IP camera is producing both audio and video because I can use VLC
to connect to the camera and both are present.

I now have a pipeline that should produce both audio and video but im
getting an error.

The pipeline:

gst-launch-1.0 rtspsrc location="rtsp://Pass:Word@192.168.1.15/stream"
latency=0 name=d d. ! queue ! \
  rtppcmudepay ! mulawdec ! audioresample ! audioconvert ! queue !
matroskamux name=mux d. ! queue ! \
  rtph264depay ! h264parse ! queue ! mux. mux. ! \
  kvssink  <...aws creds ... >
The error im getting is

WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link mux to kvssink0

If I remove the ! mux. mix. ! - the stream will work but there is no audio.
just video.

What am I missing?