rtspsrc giving EOS every 8 seconds

Mike Haines mhaines4102 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 17:00:08 UTC 2021

I am connected to an ip camera live. When property protocols is set for
TCP, every 8 seconds I receive an EOS signal. When not set to TCP the
signal is not sent.

let src = gst::ElementFactory::make("rtspsrc", None).map_err(|_|
MissingElement("filesink")).unwrap();src.set_property("location",
&uri)    .expect("setting rtspsrc location property
failed");src.set_property("latency", &3000u32)    .expect("setting
rtspsrc latency property failed");src.set_property("timeout",
&8000000u64)    .expect("setting rtspsrc timeout property
failed");src.set_property_from_str("protocols", "tcp");

The ip camera is on the local network with me. If I do not set protocols to
tcp the behavior does not occur. Tried changing the latency and the
timeout, no change. It is EVERY 8 seconds. is-live does not accept a
property change but should be set to true by default.

Just to be clear about current installations:
gstreamer1.0-plugins-base is already the newest version
(1.14.5-0ubuntu1~18.04.1).
gstreamer1.0-plugins-good is already the newest version
(1.14.5-0ubuntu1~18.04.1).
libgstreamer-plugins-base1.0-dev is already the newest version
(1.14.5-0ubuntu1~18.04.1).
libgstreamer1.0-dev is already the newest version
(1.14.5-0ubuntu1~18.04.1).
gstreamer1.0-libav is already the newest version (1.14.5-0ubuntu1~18.04.1).
gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad is already the newest version
(1.14.5-0ubuntu1~18.04.1).
gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly is already the newest version
(1.14.5-0ubuntu1~18.04.1).
libgstrtspserver-1.0-dev is already the newest version
(1.14.5-0ubuntu1~18.04.1).