RTSP streaming using rtsp server

dforer dor.forer at indoor-robotics.com
Mon Mar 29 13:05:29 UTC 2021

Hello everyone.
I have read a lot and decided to use the rtsp server to stream my h264
camera via rtsp.

I have a h264 camera with this spec:

ioctl: VIDIOC_ENUM_FMT
	Index       : 0
	Type        : Video Capture
	Pixel Format: 'H264' (compressed)
	Name        : H.264

And I tried to stream my camera with this line of code:
./test-launch --gst-debug=3 "( v4l2src device=/dev/video1 !
video/x-h264,width=640,height=480,framerate=30/1 ! h264parse ! rtph264pay
name=pay0 pt=96 )"

When I do so, it seems to work, but when I try to show it on another device
usinf ffplay or vlc, I get a lot of:

RTP: missed 1 packets
errors in P frame

And the live video playing is not smooth and get stuck alot.

I feels like I'm missing something in the h264 encoding because I'm using a
camera with hardware endcofing.

BTW, when I try to use vlc rtsp streaming everything works great.

What can it be?