Automatically set pipeline to paused after X frames

mdb mikeybards at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 21:59:49 UTC 2021

I setup the following pipeline /v4l2src device=/dev/video0 num-buffers=5 !
filesink location=/tmp/foo.bar/ in a function, which returns a GStreamer
element (writing in OCaml) in *paused* state. I then set the state to
*playing* manually and see the expected files in /tmp. However, the pipeline
remains in *playing* after the 5 buffers have been stored in /foo.bar/. I
would like the pipeline to reset itself to *stop* after the 5 buffers have
been collected. I have not found anything to achieve this yet; I briefly
read through  position tracking and seeking
<https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/application-development/advanced/queryevents.html?gi-language=c#position-tracking-and-seeking>
&  pipeline manipulation
<https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/documentation/application-development/advanced/pipeline-manipulation.html?gi-language=c>
. I am comfortable stubbing C functions in OCaml, I just cannot figure out
what to stub.