Best way to send video on localhost

Peter Biro pettair at gmail.com
Sun May 2 17:57:47 UTC 2021

Hi all,

Im working on a video processing recording application on NVidia's Jetson Nano board. At the moment the app consists of a video capture, a webrtc handler and a video recorder component. The webrtc and the video recorder those can be ran in multiple instance.

For sharing the data between we are using VP8 RTP streams over UTP but as it seems we are able to fit all of these processes on a single host.

So we started to wondering if there is any better way to sand video data between processes. Basically the medium between the components is not covered by any requirement so can use anything is it would have a better performance / would require less resources from the OS.

What do you think what would be the most efficient way to transmit data? Are we ok with UDP or should we change to something else?

Thank you!

Bests,
Peter