Tee request pads unexpectedly go missing

Nick_law nicholas at umantec.net
Tue May 4 07:44:15 UTC 2021

Hi guys, I am trying to setup a dynamic pipeline and it seems my Tee request
pads unexpectedly go missing sporadically.
Not quite sure how to give the best info as the code base has grown quite
large.

I have a pipeline that works around 80% of the time but every now and then
the pipeline fails with:

"Error received from element Source_file1: Internal data stream error.
Debugging information: gstbasesrc.c(3072): gst_base_src_loop ():
/GstPipeline:gst_pipeline/GstFileSrc:Source_file1:
streaming stopped, reason not-linked (-1)"

I created a dot file when the error callback is called and could see that
some of the tees were not linked and didn't have
src request pads. BUT I also created a dot file where I link the the tees to
the queue and there they are linked.

In the time between where they are linked and become unlinked I do no more
mapping. All I do is write data to the filesrc (fifo) and read the filesink
(also fifo). So there may be delays where there is no data but as far as I
understand this should not effect the tee request pads?

I do have a deinterleave element with sometimes pads but that seems to work
and I have a "pad-added" callback for that and link with gst_pad_link() as
most online posts have suggested. Not sure if deinterleave with sometimes
pads can cause issues?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The first image is the pipeline directly after I link the Tees to queues and
what it should look like when streaming:
The second image is the generated when the error-callback is called:

<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/t379842/not.png>

<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/file/t379842/error.png>