oggmux (after rtpopusdepay): mapper didn't recognise input stream

Guillaume Denis gdenispro at gmail.com
Mon May 10 15:16:43 UTC 2021

Hello,

Thank you in advance for your reply, I have a pipeline that works for
the following use case: recording a RTP opus audio stream to a file:
appsrc format=time is-live=true do-timestamp=true name=src !
application/x-rtp,payload=111,channels=1,encoding-name=OPUS,media=audio,clock-rate=48000
!
rtpopusdepay !
decodebin !
opusenc !
oggmux !
filesink location=logs/out.ogg

But since the src pad of rtpopusdepay and the sink pad of oggmux both
match with audio/x-opus, I thought I could do with less work (without
decoding and reencoding):
appsrc format=time is-live=true do-timestamp=true name=src !
application/x-rtp,payload=111,channels=1,encoding-name=OPUS,media=audio,clock-rate=48000
!
rtpopusdepay !
oggmux !
filesink location=logs/out.ogg

But in that case I get an error:
ERROR                 oggmux
gstoggmux.c:1058:gst_ogg_mux_queue_pads:<oggmux1:audio_962560515> mapper
didn't recognise input stream (pad caps: audio/x-opus,
channel-mapping-family=(int)0)

I don't understand why rtpopusdepay and oggmux don't match,

Thanks, Guillaume