Plugin input buffer size

n0s raging.blaze at gmail.com
Wed May 12 08:58:00 UTC 2021

Hi,

I'm working on my own audio filter plugin based on the GStreamer
/gst-template gstaudiofilter.c/ example.

There is this function where the filtering should happen:

static GstFlowReturn
gst_audio_filter_template_filter (GstBaseTransform * base_transform,
    GstBuffer * inbuf, GstBuffer * outbuf)
{
    /* FIXME: do something interesting here.  We simply copy the input data
     * to the output buffer for now. */
    g_assert (map_out.size == map_in.size);
    memcpy (map_out.data, map_in.data, map_out.size);
}

Is it possible to set the input buffer size? Ideally I want the the
map_in.size to be a power of 2.
I know there is a /_class_init/ function where I could potentially set up
the buffer sizes, but for me it is not clear how to do that.

Thank you guys!